MINNESOTA DWI CHARGES THE 5 MOST COMMON MISTAKES
If you’ve been arrested for a DWI offense in Minnesota, you may feel uncertain how to proceed. This is a very serious charge, one that requires expert guidance. You need to find Minnesota DWI lawyers to help you navigate the maze of legal questions. Otherwise, you could be making some big mistakes, such as:
- Deciding to go it alone. It’s essential to hire an attorney. Many people make the mistake of thinking they can represent themselves on these charges. It is indeed a big error. Even if you had a blood alcohol content over the legal limit, you still have options, but you need the expert help of a Minnesota DWI law firm.
- Hiring “any” attorney. Maybe you have a family attorney that helps with legal matters such as wills, etc. While your attorney is undoubtedly extremely competent, you need someone who is an expert in criminal defense, especially defense of DWI charges. Find a Minnesota DWI law firm that specialize in DWI defense and has the resources necessary to investigate and research the arrest and charges filed against you.
- Trying to save money in lawyer fees. Many people think the expense of attorney fees is simply too prohibitive. What they don’t realize is that the expenses of unsuccessfully defending a DWI arrest will be far more costly. Consider the fines you’ll have to pay, the lost wages, jail time, and increased insurance fees. A Minnesota DWI law firm will likely save you money in the long run.
- Being passive. It’s always disconcerting to be arrested and charged with a DWI, but you still need to take an active part in your defense. Start by calling Minnesota DWI lawyers as soon as possible following the arrest. Share all the details of the arrest and following procedures with your attorney. Ask questions of your attorney whenever you don’t understand something. This is an important defense and requires your active involvement.
- Being inflexible. Your attorney will give you great advice about your case. Sometimes, he or she will suggest accepting a reduction of charges or punishment. Remember that your Minnesota DWI lawyers are experts. They know the court system, the judges and the prosecuting attorneys and will make recommendations based on that experience, and their opinion of what is in your best interest.
Before you become overwhelmed by the DWI charges, seek out the advice of a Minnesota DWI law firm. You’ll better understand your options and how you can move forward. Your Minnesota DWI lawyers will help you make the best of this situation and before long, this incident will be a distant memory.
- Hire An Experienced DWI / DUI Attorney
- What to know about public defenders
- Protect Your Rights Against A DUI / DWI
- Mistakes people make after being arrested
- 53 DWI Laws & Case Tips
- Criminal/Administrative Penalties for DWI
- Minnesota Ignition Interlock Program
- Tips for Hiring a DWI/DUI Lawyer
- 14 Most Common Police Mistakes
- What Can You Do to Save Your License?
- What Happens After A DWI Arrest?
- Top 10 Mistakes Lawyers Make
- Minnesota's "Implied Consent" law
- Online Drink Wheel BrAC Calculator
- Elements of the Crime